Friday 4 April 2014

Task 5 - Production


07/02/14




In the first week of my FMP I researched the company Ronimo who commissioned me to make a trailer for their new game. I also made some mood boards and came up with some possible ideas for the game the trailer will be based on creating a high concept document for all three of them.

14/02/14
This week I started making concept art for the Black Friday Brawl: Super Fun Deal Combo using Photoshop. I have currently made three of them which include possible characters, items and environments and plan to make two more.

28/02/14

I finished the concept art and did my pitch this week. After I was finished with them I moved on to my planning, created a budget and storyboard for the trailer. Because the trailer doesn't have a set time limit I left most of the times as estimations and the actual trailer may be shorter or longer.
07/03/14
This week I started my production. I have started by creating backgrounds for my animation in illustrator, I have only created two so far because it has been a while since I last used illustrator and am still relearning the software.

14/03/14

Now that I have remembered how to use illustrator again I have created a final background some TVs to decorate one of the backgrounds and two characters to take place in my animation. I decided to make the characters people who are well known in real life, so to create their faces I took images of the internet and went over them in  illustrator.

21/03/14

This week I have moved all my illustrator assets into flash and begun to animate although it has been around a year since I last properly used this software so I ran into some difficulties that delayed me during my work and effected the amount of time I had to animate the rest of the trailer. These problems ranged from a confusion between motion tween and classic tween and having to relearn how to fade objects.

28/03/14

I have finished my animation by creating a small fight between the two characters and then moved onto my presentation which seemed to go pretty well. Most people only said they would have liked it if there was more but because of my time limit I couldn't justify going back to add more.

04/04/14
I spent this week evaluating my work and checking for any mistakes I had made while doing this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment